Frequently Asked Questions


The Landed Collective is a team of licensed realtors with decades of combined real estate experience under our belt. Our goal is to provide dedicated and quality services to all our clients.

While we do help our clients in all types of real estate, our specialisation is in residential properties. Do get in touch with us so that we can better address your needs.

We would be happy to assist you in selling your property. Please get in touch with us through the Whatsapp chat button on the website or submit your details here.

It is essential to have an in-depth understanding of the prevailing property market conditions and the different types of properties to narrow down to the one best suited for your needs. 


Yes, a foreign person (Singapore Permanent Resident inclusive) is required to seek approval from the Land Dealings Approval Unit (LDAU) in order to purchase a landed residential property. If the purchasers are all Singaporeans, prior approval is not required.

The types of properties that a foreigner requires approval to purchase are:

  1. Vacant residential land;
  2. Terrace house;
  3. Semi-detached house;
  4. Bungalow/detached house;
  5. Strata landed house which is not within an approved condominium development under the Planning Act (eg. townhouse or cluster house);
  6. Shophouse (for non-commercial use);
  7. Association premises;
  8. Place of worship; 
  9. Worker’s dormitory/serviced apartments/boarding house (not registered under the provisions of the Hotels Act); and
  10. Commercial & Residential properties

The types of properties that a foreigner can purchase are:

  1. Condominium unit;
  2. Flat unit;
  3. Strata landed house in an approved condominium development;
  4. A leasehold estate in a landed residential property for a term not exceeding 7 years, including any further term which may be granted by way of an option for renewal;
  5. Shophouse (for commercial use);
  6. Industrial and commercial properties;
  7. Hotel (registered under the provisions of the Hotels Act); and
  8. Executive condominium unit, HDB flat and HDB shophouse (subject to HDB eligibility criteria). 

A safeguarded landing housing area prescribes the type and the height control of landed property that can be erected in that particular area. 

In a non-safeguarded landed housing area, you will be able to find flat and condominium developments built within the gross plot ratio of 1.4.

faqs 01
faqs 02